1. Honesty: Wise leaders are not afraid of telling the truth to the subordinates. Honesty is all about building trust that defines the integrity which in turn results into a good team result.
2. Feedback: A good leader never hesitates to give feedback to his team members. You have to give positive/negative feedback whenever required with exact facts. A leader has to own his feedback.
3. Owning Responsibility: Whene team succeeds, a good leader gives all the credit to team members. When team fails, leader has to own the responsibility. This is a quality which is rare and it earns respect for the leader.
4. Communicate Clearly: Present your thoughts clearly without any ‘if’ and ‘but’. It generates enthusiasm among the team members.
5. Fix The Breakdown: Never blame the team in case of any breakdown, work with the team to fix the breakdown.
6. Never Talk in Parental Mode: Respect your subordinates and always maintain the calmness in any situation. Communication in parental mode demotivated the team.
Napoleon Bonaparte said, ‘If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.’